Wednesday, June 8, 2011


AIPMT 2011 Entrance Test: Chandigarh Girl Outshines


All the students who want to take admission in prestigious medical colleges of the country need to take All India Pre-Medical Entrance Examination Test (AIPMT). The AIPMT exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Harsimar Kaur, a girl from Chandigarh city tops the AIPMT exam. The girl is not from an extraordinary family, she belongs to a middle class family and she will be the first one to grab a medical seat in whole family. She made her family and city proud. Her father Manmeet Singh is a government employee and her mother is working with the Life Insurance Corporation.

Harsimar said, "Right from the day on which I passed Class tenth, I was very clear that I have to become a doctor. It was my dream and I am very happy that I have fulfilled it with such flying colours."


Harsimar who wants to become a top cardiologist of the country said, "I did my test really well and was expecting a good rank but I had never thought about topping in the whole country. It was just like a pleasant surprise and it took me some time to assimilate this reality."

Harsimar said for her studies were never a burden and she always enjoyed it. She mentioned, "I never took pressure of studies and always learned things very enthusiastically. I made a proper time-table and religiously followed it. I owe my success to my parents, teachers and God. I have also learnt classical dance and it made me feel fresh."


Her family is very happy with her performance in AIPMT exam and are feeling proud over her daughter̢۪s achievement. Her father said, "I am very happy with Harsimar's success. She is a hard-working girl and was very clear about her goal. She has proved that girls are second to none in any of the field."

Some other students from tri-city (Chandigarh, Panchkula and Mohali) who secured a good rank in top 50 are Anshit Goel (7), Himanshu Gupta (10), Sanchit Kumar (32) and Tejeshwar (43).


No comments:

Post a Comment